12th World Bamboo Congress will take place at National Central University, Taoyuan, Taiwan. It takes less than one hour from Airport to Venue.
National Central University
Venue – National Central University
Address: No. 300, Zhongda Rd., Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 32001, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
National Central University (NCU) is a university with long-standing traditions in Taiwan. Founded in Nanjing in 1915, it was later re-established in Taiwan in 1962. For over 50 years, NCU has expanded its school size and has had great achievements both in academic and research development. NCU is now one of the leading universities in Taiwan.
Located in Zhongli, Taoyuan, Taiwan, the NCU is a campus of tranquility with numerous pine trees scattered over the landscape. A new building called “Teaching and Research Complex” is planned to open in March 2020. The Complex occupies the central area of the campus and consists of an Auditorium of 1,600 people, an international conference room and two lecture halls for general education and international conference purposes. The stringing of the entry plaza, lobby, art gallery, elevated corridor, and indoor/outdoor audience seating not only fulfills research purposes inside the campus but also provides a classy venue for public activities.
Visa policy of Taiwan
Nationals from 66 countries can visit Taiwan for 14 to 90 days without a visa. Delegates from all other countries are eligible for an eVisa. More info on the website of Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-149-4486-7785a-2.html)
Fill the Visa Form online (https://visawebapp.boca.gov.
Contact info of embassies and representative offices of Taiwan (https://www.boca.gov.tw/sp-foof-countrylp-02-1.html) Tips:
Airport to Hotel
- Hotel can provide Airport transfer at an additional charge, cost 700-900 NTD (~23-30 USD) per trip, per car for maximum 3 passengers.
- Taoyuan Airport MRT, Link:
Hotel to Venue
- Uber, It takes about 10~15 mins by car.
- Taxi, Link:
- U-bike: recommending for people with good skills riding on the crowded streets. It takes about 30 mins. There is renting station beside Venue. Link:
- Cashless way to pay for MRT, Train, Bus, public bike, and Convenience store: ,
- Free Wifi in indoor public areas: . Firstly, please apply for your iTaiwan account at the iTaiwan online registration system for foreign visitors. Effective use of time is 30 days (Link: Registration). Secondly, after arriving in Taiwan and going through immigration, you can activate your iTaiwan account online by using the airport’s free WiFi connection or any iTaiwan hotspots. (Link: Online Activation)