The suggested TOPICS below consider different areas within the ENVIRONMENT, SOCIETY AND ECONOMY and are aligned with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 for the year 2030. Hence papers are expected to elaborate on the SDGs being addressed (maximum three SDGs).
- Taxonomy & Morphology
- Commercial plantation and Management
- Ecology and Environmental Concerns
- Molecular analysis
- Post-Harvesting and Processing
- Community and Economic Development
- Teaching and Dissemination
- Industrial uses of bamboo
- Food and Pharmaceuticals
- Business & Innovation
- Infrastructure, Machinery and Technologies
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction
- Resources, Standards, Commerce and Policy Aspects
ORAL PRESENTATION POSTERS & VIDEOS
The above-mentioned topics will be developed into sessions of lecture and discussion sessions. The decision on the final structure and composition of the sessions in question will rest with the Technical Committee depending on the number of submissions. Normally oral presentations will be between 10 and 15 minutes maximum including time for questions. It is possible that some discussion workshops will also have a demonstration component and/or videos and posters.
Posters & Videos
Original work and other presentations that cannot be accommodated in the oral presentation schedule may be presented as posters and/or videos, and there will be plenty of time for scheduled discussion on the poster papers as well.
Paper submission process
Please refer to the “Instructions for Submitting a Paper” guidelines and the Guidelines for Poster Presentations.